INDEPENDENT FIELD ADJUSTER
Independent Property Claim Adjuster- Independent Contractor
Property claim adjusters independently investigate and evaluate property and casualty claims for our clients.
- Investigate and evaluate property and casualty insurance claims.
- Review and apply client specific claim guidelines, insurance policies
- Inspect Property for physical damage.
- Execute thorough claim investigations; scene inspections, recorded statements, secure relative
documentation / information.
- Produce a professional adjusting report, providing your findings and recommendation for claim settlement.
- Deliver work product within time guidelines.
- Urgency exhibited in response to clients, policyholders
- Effectively utilize claim technology.
- Maintain professional and technical insurance industry knowledge through continuing education.
- Flexibility in claim scheduling outside of normal business hours.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Proficiency in Xactimate and Xactanalysis. Individuals without prior claim estimating experience will not be considered.
- Solid customer service skills. If you see yourself as a master of customer service, we want to hear from you!
- Effective time management skills. Working from home, claim assignments will be sent and received electronically. You will be responsible for management of your claim load and diary.
- Basic Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer).
- Business writing skills. You must be able to communicate with co-workers, management, clients, insureds, contractors and various other parties involved in the insurance claim process in a professional and proper manner.
- An independent spirit. You must be results-oriented and looking to work with a production-based company.
- Valid Driver’s License, a good driving record and a clean and presentable vehicle for business use. We recommend vehicles with high mpg ratings.
- Experience with Xactimate and Symbility Claims. Several clients are using the Symbility platform.
- Experience with Casualty Claims. You will handle Casualty / Liability insurance claims as well as property claims. Prior experience with recorded statements, scene diagrams, etc. is a plus.
- Various insurance industry certifications. This position does not require specific certifications beyond any state required insurance adjusting licensing. However, most of Syndicate’s field staff hold additional industry-specific certifications.
- Familiarity with FileTrac Claim Management system is helpful.
If you believe you are up to the challenge of partnering with the Syndicate team, please submit your resume and a copy of all certifications / licenses through the Careers link on our website. All candidates must go through our Candidate Tracking System. Individuals who email their resumes directly will be referred back to our website.
If desired, our daily claim adjusters may be offered the opportunity to travel based on claim volume in other areas due to storms and seasonal claim variation. If you would like to be considered for our Cat roster as well, please indicate so in your submission.
The primary responsibility of a Claim Supervisor is to work closely with the designated Claim Manager to ensure the delivery of quality and service. This will be
In order to facilitate our promise to our clients of Every Claim, Every Time, Syndicate Claim Supervisors work closely with Claim Managers, Field Staff, Marketing Managers
The Claim Supervisor will be required to demonstrate initiative, independent thought, strong interpersonal and decision-making abilities, the ability to provide clear concise instructions, identify training opportunities for field staff and provide said training.
- Assist the Claim Manager in meeting/exceeding the client’s expectations
- Provide forward and ongoing file direction
- Closely supervise and coach adjusters
- Communicate with Dispatch Coordinator, Territory Manager
andRecruiter on areas of staffing need
- Maintain ongoing communication with Trainer and Territory Manager regarding training opportunities, including conducting closed file audits on a monthly basis.
highlevel of technical claim file quality from team members
- Interact regularly with team members to ensure they are developing, challenged and satisfied with their roles and responsibilities
- Manage team pending to support on time work produce/cycle time
- Monitor and manage assignments to File Reviewers
- Review files, particularly complex loss files, prior to submission to the client
- Identify and collaborate files as appropriate
- Work closely with other managers, supervisors and upper management to ensure the development of quality adjusters and staff
- Participate in regular training sessions as necessary
- Participate in special projects as necessary to support Syndicate Claim Services, Inc. and its goals and objectives
- Partner with marketing staff in order to promote Syndicate Claim Services, Inc.
- Work with administrative staff as necessary to improve workflow and procedures
- Make recommendations on policies/procedures related to claim management and claim
- Attend meetings and functions in support of Syndicate Claim Services, Inc. and its clients
- Thorough knowledge of claim investigating work and claim related procedures
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to lead and provide direction
- Demonstration of sound judgment and strong decision making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of property and casualty claim practices
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Xactimate
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Obtain any necessary licenses, certifications, or training as directed by the client or company to complete the responsibilities of the position
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Field adjusting experience preferred
adjusting / managementexperience strongly preferred
- People management experience preferred
Working Conditions and Expectations
This is a full-time salaried position and a minimum of forty hours per week is expected. It is your responsibility to use your time wisely and constructively plan your schedule appropriately. Client meetings and other related claims/insurance functions may require
Join our Catastrophe Team
INDEPENDENT CATASTROPHE ADJUSTER –
In anticipation of another busy storm season, we are reviewing the adjusters listed on our Cat Roster and would like to invite you to apply for the chance to partner with our Catastrophe Response Team.
What are the advantages of partnering with SyndiCat?
- Prompt payment for your work. Your pay will be generated when you close the claim, not when our client pays the invoice.
- Claim Support –
SyndiCathas a team of dedicated CAT Administrative personnel to support your clerical work and property specialists available to provide expertise 24/7.
- Performance incentives.
- Paperless, web-based claim system providing an ease of workflow and access to all claim documents 24/7.
This position has the potential to develop into a long-term CAT relationship with possible daily work as well.
We want to partner with contractors who:
- Have a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience as a CAT or field property adjuster
- Are familiar with property estimating programs
- Have the ability to deploy immediately when needed
- Is comfortable climbing high/steep residential commercial roofs to inspect storm damage
- Have a good understanding of damage identification
- Can collaborate with our team to adhere to strict deadlines
Please do not apply if you do not have prior estimating experience. We are looking for someone that can write estimates and close claims.